Become part of the U.S. Missions prayer team! As a prayer partner, you join with hundreds of believers like you across the nation lifting up our missionaries, chaplains, their families, and their teams in prayer on a weekly basis. When you give us your e-mail address, you will receive a weekly e-mail of prayer requests submitted to us by our team. (No worries; we won’t use your e-mail address for anything other than this list!)
In addition to the weekly e-mail, you can also find this list at our Facebook page and in the 714 Prayer app (available for iPhone and Android).
Be sure you check out our Missionary and Chaplain Prayer Guide. The prayer guide is constantly updated as we add new missionaries and chaplains. Every day it highlights the missionary, chaplain, and spouse who’s having a birthday that day. You can search for a specific missionary or chaplain, or search by day, week, or month. What better way to remember to pray for our missionaries and chaplains than on their birthday!
Prayer requests for this week . . .
Updated June 26, 2017
- Pray for U.S. missionaries reaching out to persons involved in cults. Ask for God’s anointing on the missionaries as they answer questions about Jesus and the Bible. Pray for many people to find freedom in Christ.
- Ask God to provide opportunities for missionary associates to share their heart for ministry. Pray that many people will partner with them in prayer as they work alongside U.S. missionaries. Ask God for encouragement and strength.
- Pray for a U.S. missionary associate who suddenly lost her father. Pray for her and her family as they grieve. Ask the Lord to comfort them with the knowledge that he is in heaven.
- Continue to pray for several U.S. missionaries and their families who have experienced loss of an unborn child or other family member. Ask God to comfort these families as they grieve.
- Pray that U.S. missionaries continually recognize opportunities God gives them to share about Christ. Ask for the anointing of the Holy Spirit to give just the right words to speak at the right time.
- Pray for two mothers of two U.S. missionaries who have cancer. One is facing an inoperable cancer, and the other with aggressive liver cancer. Ask God to give wisdom to their medical teams and to strengthen their families. Pray for a healing touch in their bodies.
- Ask God to be with the U.S. missionaries who are launching a new college campus ministry. Pray that God will begin working in the hearts of Christian students during the summer, to help with a successful launch in the fall. Ask God to provide for housing for this missionary couple and their family.
- Pray for a three-year-old who attends daycare with a U.S. Missions staff member’s daughter. She was involved in an accident and suffered severe head trauma. Ask God for a full recovery, and for peace and comfort for the family.
“Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer.”
Psalm 4:1 (NIV)
Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide. www.zondervan.com The “NIV” and “New International Version” are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office by Biblica, Inc.™